The New York Times — the favorite newspaper to terrorists everywhere — is taking a deserved beating for their willingness to publish leaked classified information that simultaneously endangers US Soldiers and citizens while providing comfort and counter-intelligence data to our Muslim terrorist enemies.
But their treasonous antics are not going unnoticed. They are taking a beating from every corner*.
- Michael Barone at Real Clear Politics: The New York Times at War With America
- Hugh Hewitt: Mr. Keller Believes You Are Easily Confused
- Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit.com: BILL KELLER ISN’T VERY BRIGHT
- 1010wins.com: Congressman Calls for Investigation of NY Times
- Austin Bay Blog: An Inadequate Apology from the Axis of Abuse
- The Q&O Blog:
Is this prosecutable? I don’t know. But as Barone points out, this was deliberately done even over the objections of the government. The story revealed a significant legal, secret program used in the War on Terror which may now no longer have any further use. To me that is irresponsible conduct on the part of the LA and NY Times.
- Paul at Wizbang summarizes the letter:
- Tom Maguire thinks that Bill Keller appears to be gauging the public good by â€œhow many times he is lauded for his courage at cocktail parties in the Hamptons”.
1) We have no reason to believe the program was illegal in any way.
2) We have every reason to believe it was effective at catching terrorists.
3) We ran the story anyway, screw you.
* Well…every corner of the Right, that is. Oddly enough, the offices of Rep. John Murtha (Traitor–PA), who probably thinks the NY Times is heroic (the safety of a few thousand Marines be-damned) hasn’t weighed in yet to condemn the NY Times. But the Lefties at HuffingtonPost are weighing in (predictably).