A lot of folks on the left — to include some high ranking Democratic leaders — have accused our soldiers of torturing terrorist prisoners at Abu Ghraib and Camp Gitmo.
The ridiculousness of theses charges is that these lefties have no idea what real torture is. Naked men stacked in a human pyramid? Not torture. Having an ugly female Private laughing at your privates? Not torture. Being exposed to extreme temperature ranges (which do not include boiling water or ice cubes up the ass)? Not torture. Sleep deprivation? Not torture.
Hell, even our most extreme interrogation methods, such as water boarding, are not “torture”. Psychologically terrifying? Probably. When it’s all over, can you walk back to your cell on your own power, and wake up in the morning (to a hot breakfast and morning prayers) without a single physical impairment.
But just in case you weren’t sure what real torture looks like — the kind of things are enemy are capable of, and routinely practice — take a look at these:
*** CONTENT WARNING ***
The following link contains graphic images of a young boy decapitating a man. “These are sick images made by sick minds. Unless you want to see the utter barbarity of our enemy murdering in the name of Allah, please do not continue.”
*** CONTENT WARNING ***
- Video and images of a 12-year old Taliban boy being taught how to behead another human. And they let him practice on a “spy for the crusaders” (from The Jawa Report).
- An al-Qaeda torture manual recovered from a torture house in Iraq. These images are crude hand drawings, and not actual images of torture, such as in the previous link. But they will make your stomach turn none-the-less.
That is what actual torture looks like. And to insinuate that our Soldiers and Marines are engaging in “torture” is not only slandering our troops, but a bald-faced lie.
On Memorial Day weekend, take a few minutes to remember PFC Joseph Anzack, PFC Byron Fouty, and SPC Alex Jiminez.
These were the three soldier most recently kidnapped by terrorists in Iraq. The body of PFC Anzack has already been found, floating in the Euphrates River. The reports are that he was brutally tortured before being shot in the face and head.
Now imagine which of the images in that torture manual were used against PFC Anzack, and likely to the other two Soldiers as well. Just typing those words makes my stomach turn.
Now go and weep some more for the detainees at Abu Ghraib who had red ink splashed on them as though it were menstrual blood (they were later cleaned up, and returned to their cells in time for a hot dinner and evening prayers). And then take your lack of moral equivalence and shove it up your ass.
- 12/6/2005 -- McCain and Torture (4)
- 4/21/2009 -- Cheney Dares Obama to Release Memos Showing that Waterboarding Works (16)
- 6/20/2006 -- Some Good News From the Sand (1)
- 10/4/2006 -- Patterico Interviews Stashiu, an Army Nurse at Gitmo (0)
- 6/25/2006 -- Russian Hostages Beheaded (15)