There is a movement gaining momentum in Texas to allow for the Open Carry of handguns in addition to our concealed weapons permits.
FORT WORTH — Despite the Lone Star State’s love affair with the gun, there’s at least one firearms restriction that some Texans want lifted.
Texas is just one of six states in which handguns can’t be worn in plain view. The other 44 states, in the parlance of gun advocates, are known as “open-carry” states.
I’m fully support it. I have signed the petition here.
If open carry were the law here in Texas, I would start open carrying immediately. I hate having to conceal my weapon — makes me feel like a criminal.
If you think that “shall not be infringed” means shall not be fucking infringed, and you support a person’s right to defend themselves, their family, their property, and the lives of others, then consider heading over and signing the petition, too.
In the words of Ted Nugent, “The most basic thing that makes me free and safe is my ability to protect myself from those who would try to take away my liberty or my life.”
I couldn’t agree more.
(h/t to Lone Star Times)
- 2/12/2009 -- Pushing for an Open Carry Law in Texas (62)
- 3/18/2009 -- Second Amendment Bills in the Texas 81st Legislature (7)
- 1/24/2013 -- Open Carry Bill Filed by Rep. George Levander (9)
- 4/30/2011 -- Texas: Licensed Open Carry Approved By House Committee (5)
- 3/10/2011 -- Rep. George Lavender (R-TX) Introduces Open Carry Bill (9)