|Brianna Broitzman and Ashton Larson — What the Hell is the Matter with Kids Today?||Is Jose Angel Chavez-Ortuno An Illegal Alien in Addition to Being a Drug Dealer?|
That’s what Barry Obama ran on (that and on being black, and on illegal campaign contributions, and on lie-after-lie, and…well, let’s just put it all in one big box, wrap it up, and put a pretty RED bow on it and call it “change”).
In the wake of Obama’s ascendancy to the Presidency of the United States, you would expect “change” to just follow every where.
Like in the voided Senate seats of him and his selected cabinet members.
But, if you believed that, you would be wrong. Instead we’re likely to end up with:
- Jesse Jackson Jr. to replace Barry Obama — Uh huh. You knew there was no way a non-black person would get that seat. But to give it to a man who has accomplished nothing more than riding on the coattails of one of this country’s biggest race hustlers? Chicago cronyism at it’s finest. But this isn’t change. This is how they’ve played politics in Chicago for a long, long time. The Illinois governor, Blagojevich, is about to be indicted. But he still gets to name Barry’s successor. Nope. Nothing tinted about this appointment at all.
- Caroline Kennedy to replace Hillary Clinton — Nothing says change more than another Kennedy being elevated to a prominent national political office that they don’t deserve, haven’t earned, and aren’t qualified to hold. How exactly does replacing one dynastic political family with another represent change? (hint: it doesn’t)
- Ted Kaufman has replaced Joe Biden — Kaufman, who is Biden’s former chief of staff, has already stated that he won’t run for the seat in 2010. That’s because everybody already acknowledges that they are “holding” the seat for Biden’s son Beau Biden. Uh huh. Nothing says change quite like a heavy dose of nepotism, does it?
Cronyism, dynastic political families, and nepotism. Smells like change to me.
- 1/22/2009 -- Kennedy Drops Bid For Senate. But Why? (4)
- 11/21/2012 -- Jesse Jackson Jr. Finally Resigning For Congress (2)
- 11/29/2012 -- Mel Reynolds: Replacing One Degenerate in Congress with Another (1)
- 12/15/2008 -- Caroline Kennedy Expects to be Handed Hillary’s Senate Seat (6)
- 11/9/2012 -- Irony Alert: Voting for a Cheese Sandwich (4)