Edward Lucas from the British Telegraph: “President Barack Obama is beginning to look out of his depth”
Beginning? Hell, he’s been in over his head since Day 1.
Admittedly, the presidential to-do list is terrifying…But none of them are working.
Regimes in Moscow, Pyongyang and Tehran simply pocket his concessions and carry on as before. The picture emerging from the White House is a disturbing one, of timidity, clumsiness and short-term calculation. Some say he is the weakest president since Jimmy Carter.
If only our own US press were as tuned in to the obvious as their peers in the UK.
Just 3 more years until this failed experiment is over…
The man who has run nothing more demanding than the Harvard Law Review is beginning to look out of his depth in the world’s top job. His credibility is seeping away, and it will require concrete achievements rather than more soaring oratory to recover it.
Unfortunately for Obama (and our country), “concrete achievement” just isn’t something in Obama’s playbook.
- 7/22/2009 -- Asking Obama the Tough Questions the Media Won’t (0)
- 9/23/2009 -- Has the UK Press Fallen Out of Love With Obama? (3)
- 10/31/2008 -- Papers That Endorsed McCain Booted from Obama Campaign (16)
- 11/9/2009 -- Why Won’t the US Media Just Say It: Islamic Jihad (2)
- 11/12/2012 -- Media Being Targeted in Attacks: Karma? (1)