Joe Stack’s suicide terrorist attack on the IRS building in Austin miraculously only killed one person (other than Stack himself, who’s now burning in hell as I type this).
Sadly, that person has been identified as Vernon Hunter of Cedar Park:
The woman said she and Hunter’s wife were both about 20 feet away from where the plane crashed through a second-floor window. That window overlooking Research Boulevard was part of Hunter’s office.
“He was in there,” she said. “We just heard a loud boom, then the ceiling started to fall.”
She said the lights went out, and people were screaming amid sounds of crashing glass. Some of her co-workers made it to safety by crawling out the window. She and Hunter’s wife followed the sound of someone’s voice to the exit.
“We just heard, ‘This way. Follow me. Follow my voice.’”
Both uninjured beyond minor smoke inhalation, the two women eventually learned from police that Hunter was the only person they could not find. As crews discovered two bodies within the rubble, she said they knew one of those must be Hunter.
- 2/22/2010 -- PGR Invited to Honor Vernon Hunter (1)
- 2/18/2010 -- Joe Stack’s Suicide Flight into Austin IRS Building (15)
- 2/26/2010 -- Austin PGR Missions for Vernon Hunter and Spc. Bobby Pagan (3)
- 9/4/2008 -- Motorcyclist Killed in Austin — Bike Dragged More than a Mile (2)
- 4/14/2010 -- Idiot of the Day (1)