|AP Stumped by What Motivates Islamic Jihadis||Rep. David Obey (D-WI) Not Running for Re-Election; Running Scared Instead|
With a national economy that has left more than 15% of Americans unemployed, the Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid Congress is enjoying it’s lowest ratings of all time. In other words, most Americans don’t believe that they are earning their way above average pay checks (174,000 per year) and world class benefits that just so happen to exclude them from the Obamacare travesty that they shoved down the rest of our throats.
Which is why I was glad to see Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R) help pass a vote to block a Congressional cost-of-living adjustment for the second consecutive year. The final vote was 412-15. All 15 supporters of a pay raise were Democrats. Thirteen lawmakers did not vote.
And guess which Texas Congresscritter was the only member of the Texas delegation to vote to raise her pay (while her constituents are suffering through Obama’s failed economy)?
Yep — the moron also known as Sheila Jackson Lee:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, was the only member of the 32-person Texas House delegation to vote against a resolution that blocked a congressional pay raise this year.
What an ungrateful, selfish bitch.
If you told me that I could choose one of the following:
- The GOP wins back the majority in the US House of Representatives, but Sheila Jackson Lee gets re-elected, or
- The GOP only flips one seat, winning Sheila Jackson Lee’s seat in Congress
…well, I’d be hard pressed not to pick #2.
Make sure to read the Readers Comments at the Houston Chronicle. Makes you wonder who is voting for this clown.
A few of my favorite resonses:
- “Guess she needs the extra cash to pay another staffer to let her know where television cameras will be.”
- “Even when it is blatantly clear what the objective is, SJL manages to screw the pooch!”
- “An examination of her time in office would be a great political science study of what is wrong with DC.”
- “Pure greed. Just look at what her net worth was prior to her election and what it is now. This, in addition to her flagrant misuse of taxpayer monies on junkets, her slush funds, and her transferring of campaign funds to personal use tell us all we need to know.”