Bruce at Q&O: “Of course the irony is thick – Gen. David Petraeus, the man the left labeled “General Betrayus” and then Senator Hillary Clinton essentially called a liar about Iraq, has now been called upon to pull the presidential bacon out of the fire in Afghanistan”
Beautiful irony, isn’t it?
Do you remember this exchange between Gen. Petraeus and then Sen. Obama?
For a man of such honor, integrity, and capability, it has to be tremendously hard to work for a man like Obama who is the antithesis of all those things. As Paul at Powerline adds:
After that exchange in 2007, it’s difficult to believe that Petraeus holds Obama in higher regard than McChrystal and his staff do. Petraeus is far more savvy, and will almost certainly keep these views to himself. But it’s a measure of the General’s patriotism that he would accept this assignment from Obama — not because of the way Obama treated him in 2007, but because he surely understands the odds against succeeding in a difficult war that requires great patience, under a president like this one.
- 9/10/2007 -- The Petraeus Report on Iraq (6)
- 11/12/2012 -- The Questionable Timing of the Resignation of General David Petraeus (7)
- 9/22/2009 -- General McChrystal: Fed Up With Obama, Threatens to Resign (5)
- 4/8/2010 -- Drafting General David Petraeus (21)
- 4/9/2008 -- Robert Sheer, 60′s Anti-war Activist, Smears General Petraeus. Again. (6)