A somewhat surprising (refreshingly so) decision by the normally reliably pro-criminal, pro-minority, anti-law-and-order 100% Liberal Austin City Council, who yesterday voted (4-3) against paying lowlife thug (and now worm food) Nathanial Sanders’ family $750K for their “we gonna get paid” lawsuit:
After a day of drama and suspense, Austin City Council members Thursday night narrowly rejected a $750,000 settlement with the family of a man fatally shot by a police officer last year.
Council members voted 4-3 against the measure that would have concluded a federal lawsuit with the family of Nathaniel Sanders II.
Mayor Lee Leffingwell rejected the proposal and was backed by Council Members Mike Martinez, Randi Shade and Chris Riley.
The settlement was supported by Council Members Sheryl Cole, Bill Spelman and Laura Morrison.
I figured our reliably-Liberal City Council would have quickly paid the family — despite the fact that he was a low-life thug that pulled a gun on a cop and got shot to death for doing exactly that — and thrown in an annual parade in his honor for good measure.
Not unexpectedly, Sheryl Cole, the only black City Council member, voted to give the Sanders family nearly a million dollars, despite the fact that Nathaniel was on the road to earn about $10,000 honest and legal dollars over the course of his lifetime (if that).
The Austin Police Department internal investigation ruled that the shooting was justified.
- 8/6/2009 -- Austin: Officer Quintana Not Indicted for Shooting Nathaniel Sanders (35)
- 5/12/2009 -- APD (thankfully) Removes Another Thug From Our Streets (11)
- 8/8/2008 -- Austin City Council Wants Socialized Medicine for All (17)
- 1/17/2012 -- Austin City Council’s Moronic Ban of Plastic Grocery Bags (7)
- 9/8/2008 -- Austin City Council — Giving Away Your Tax Dollars (3)