|Just Another Illegal Alien Drunk Driving the Streets of Austin…||Arlington (TX) Officer Jillian Smith (24) Murdered While Trying to Protect a Child|
Texas need to be one of them (via Bloomberg news):
Terrill is among dozens of state legislators across the U.S. drafting measures that match or go further than the Arizona law, which requires police to check the immigration status of people stopped for questioning.
The state-by-state efforts underscore the federal gridlock on immigration policy. “States are stepping in where the federal government can’t or won’t act,” said Terrill.
- 9/6/2012 -- Judge OKs Arizona’s show-me-your-papers law (1)
- 5/26/2011 -- Good News of the Day: SCOTUS OKs Arizona’s Business Immigration Law (2)
- 1/5/2011 -- Study: Texas not likely to enact an Arizona-style immigration law (0)
- 7/7/2010 -- Obama and His Cronies vs. Arizona (12)
- 7/1/2010 -- Federal Government Sides with Illegal Immigrants on One Hand While Attacking a US State with the Other (0)