|House Republican aims to put brakes on repeal of ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’||Picture of the Day: What is This Thing?|
You’ve cheated death and justice more times than Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have stolen babies from third-world countries. But let there be no doubts about this:
- You are guilty of the crimes you have been convicted of. Any relationship that the judge and prosecutor may have had prior to your evil murdering spree does not change the fact that you did in fact kill two innocent people in cold blood.
- You will pay for your crimes and your evil with your life. And that date is closing in around your neck faster and faster.
The last post on Charles Dean Hood was back in April of 2010 and has more than 200 comments. The most active open thread on Hood was almost 11 months ago, but that post has grown to include nearly 400 disjointed comments that are hard to follow.
So I’m closing those old threads to new comments and putting this thread up here to start the new year. A year that will hopefully see a new execution date set for Hood.As of now, the The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected Hood’s last line of defense (that the judge and prosecutor were having an affair). The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals had overturned Hood’s death sentence based on that defense. Which hopefully means that there are no new trials or sentencing hearings, and nothing more to do than set a new date for death.
For those new to the blog or just glancing at this post, I’ve been writing about Hood for a very long time. Click here to see an archive of Charles Dean Hood posts.
And yes, this case has become personal.
We hosted Big Sis in our home, and I drove her to Huntsville to be her support witness at Hood’s execution date back in June of 2008. Unfortunately, Hood escaped execution when his death warrant expired as he sat a few feet from the death chamber. And I’ll be back in Huntsville to support Big Sis again if Hood ever gets the punishment he deserves.
Charles Dean Hood wrote me a personal letter from death row, and I’ve received veiled death threats from Hood’s brother, James Hood.
- 2/24/2010 -- Charles Dean Hood’s Death Sentence Overturned (396)
- 6/30/2007 -- Tracie Lynn Wallace (1964 — 1989) (18)
- 6/10/2008 -- Charles Dean Hood — To Be Executed in one Week (159)
- 6/16/2008 -- Charles Dean Hood Final Appeal Denied (223)
- 9/16/2009 -- Charles Dean Hood: One Step Closer to Another Execution Date (271)