|End of a Generation: Frank Buckles, Last Remaining US Veteran of WWI, Passes Away||Pro-Life FlashMob Steals the Thunder (while bringing the joy) to Pro-Abortion Protest|
Of course that’s not the headline the props at the Washington Post wrote. Instead Lori Montgomery at the Washington Post breathlessly repeats the latest George Soros talking point that the GOP spending plan would “cost 700K jobs.”
And she says it like it’s a bad thing…
A Republican plan to sharply cut federal spending this year would destroy 700,000 jobs through 2012, according to an independent economic analysis set for release Monday.
The report, by Moody’s Analytics chief economist Mark Zandi, offers fresh ammunition to Democrats seeking block the Republican plan, which would terminate dozens of programs and slash federal appropriations by $61 billion over the next seven months.
Here’s the thing Lori — most of those jobs would be public sector and government jobs. Which we’re more than fine with. The government has simply grown too large, and needs to be trimmed way back. Which means people need to go. Hell…it means entire departments and agencies (looking at you Dept of Education) need to go.
- 3/9/2011 -- Do Most Americans Really Think the GOP’s Proposed Cuts Are a Bigger Problem than the Donk’s Spending? (1)
- 4/11/2011 -- Obama was Against the Draconian Budget Cuts Before He Was for the Historic Budget Cuts (3)
- 2/8/2011 -- Overwhelming Majority of Americans Dissatisfied with Size and Power of Government (1)
- 7/19/2011 -- 178 Government Agencies We Should Get Rid Of Immediately (0)
- 2/16/2011 -- Washington Post: Obama is the ‘Punter-in-Chief’ for failing to address America’s looming budget problems (0)