An 11-year old girl from Cleveland, Texas (not too far from my hometown of Conroe, TX in east Texas) was raped by at least 17 boys and men over the course of two days. That number might be as high as 28 males, whose ages ranging from another middle-school boy up to 28-years old.
Of course you have to be an idiot (in addition to being a vile piece of shit) to rape an 11-year old girl. You have to be even dumber than that to video and take pictures of it while it happened. But that’s exactly what did happen. And once the videos and cell phone images went viral, people started recognizing some of the rapists in the videos and pictures — to include some of the local high school’s star basketball players and the son of a local member of the Board of Education.
Almost as gut-turning as the crime itself is, this statement from James D. Evans III, an attorney who represents three of the defendants, makes me want to punch him in his pie hole: “This is not a case of a child who was enslaved or taken advantage of.”
Suggesting that is was consensual. Except of course an 11-year old can never legally consent to being raped by adults.
The story doesn’t mention the race of the victim (I assume she is Hispanic) or of the perpetrators, though I’ll bet you there is a common theme (or color) in the human excrement who raped this little girl…And yes, I do think it’s relevant.
- 3/5/2012 -- East Texas woman faces life for sex with boy, 13 (4)
- 7/6/2011 -- 14 Men, 5 Boys To Be Charged For Sexual Assault On 11 Year Old Cleveland, Texas Girl (6)
- 5/26/2008 -- Another Would-be Robber Killed by His Would-be Victim (2)
- 1/22/2009 -- Reginald Perkins — Scheduled for Execution Tonight (32)
- 5/29/2008 -- Pit Bull Owners Arrested in Boy’s Death (4)