|US Navy Pilots Make Surprise Supply Drops in Japan||Obama Signed Secret Order Authorizing Covert Support For Libyan Rebels|
Because it’s stupid?
Via the WSJ:
I will vote to defeat an increase in the debt limit unless it is the last one we ever authorize and is accompanied by a plan for fundamental tax reform, an overhaul of our regulatory structure, a cut to discretionary spending, a balanced-budget amendment, and reforms to save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.[...]
Some say we will go into default if we don’t increase the debt limit. But if we simply raise it once again, without a real plan to bring spending under control and get our economy growing, America faces the very real danger of a catastrophic economic crisis.
I know that by writing this, I am inviting political attack. When I proposed reforms to Social Security during my campaign, my opponent spent millions on attack ads designed to frighten seniors. But demagoguery is the last refuge of the spineless politician willing to do anything to win the next election.
Whether they admit it or not, everyone in Washington knows how to solve these problems. What is missing is the political will to do it. I ran for the U.S. Senate because I want my children to inherit what I inherited: the greatest nation in human history. It’s not too late. The 21st century can also be the American Century. Our people are ready. Now it’s time for their leaders to join them.
- 7/7/2011 -- Sen. Marco Rubio: “We Don’t Need New Taxes, We Need New Taxpayers” (2)
- 7/12/2011 -- Sen. Marco Rubio: Every Aspect of Life in America is Worse Since Obama Took Over… (1)
- 1/7/2012 -- Rubio to Obama: You’re turning America into a deadbeat nation (1)
- 7/31/2011 -- Marco Rubio’s Latest “Best Speech EVAH!” — You Want to Talk About the Debt Limit? Then Let’s Talk About the Debt Limit, Dammit! (2)
- 10/26/2010 -- Marco Rubio’s New Election-Winning Ad (8)