Perusing Memeorandum this morning, where I usually have a quick reaction or expectation to various threads before I even read them. Like this one:
When I read that Obama had a plan to save $50 billion in fuel and millions of barrels of oil, I thought it must have had something to do with this headline, farther down the page:
I read the second post on Michelle’s “secret” trip to Oregon before I read Obama’s plan for saving fuel costs:
Mrs. Obama reportedly jetted into the Eugene Airport, landing at about 11 am PDT. She and family members then headed out in a 11 vehicle motorcade for the ride to Corvallis.
The White House has so far said little about the trip, which was unannounced. It’s unclear how long the vacation will last.
Mrs. Obama and family members flew on a Boeing C-40B, the military version of a 737 that serves as Air Force 2.
A 737 and an 11 car fleet? Seriously?
So she and one of her kids could go visit her brother? So you’ll understand why I thought that Obama’s plan to save on fuel costs might have something to do with putting a halt to how much oil and gas the Obama family wastes (at tax payer expense) traipsing all over the world. If Michelle would simply quit using Air Force One and Air Force Two as a minivan, we’d save at least as much on fuel and oil as any other plan Obama might conceivably come up with.
Let’s just call ‘em the “Do as we command, not as we do” Royal American First Family.
- 8/24/2011 -- Report: Queen Michelle has spent $10m taxpayer dollars on vacations alone in the past year (29)
- 8/7/2008 -- Barry Obama in the Pocket of Big Oil (4)
- 9/4/2010 -- Did the Obama’s Ever Leave the Campaign Trail? (15)
- 12/4/2012 -- The Most Profitable Oil Field In The World Is Right Here In America (0)
- 3/12/2012 -- How Obama Is Choking Off U.S. Oil Production (0)