|Rep. Paul Ryan: Obama ‘sowing social unrest’||Mohamed Elibiary: Radical Islamist on Dept of Homeland Security Shops Leaked Story to Smear Gov. Rick Perry|
UPDATE: He’s dead.
- Thug: Frank Martinez Garcia (28 at time of offense)
- Date of Execution: October 27, 2011, sometime shortly after 6:00 pm HTT
- Date of Crime: March 19, 2001
- Victim(s): Hector Garza. (49)
- Last Meal: Congratulations, Franky…you’re the first condemned inmate to not get a special last meal. So, you’ll be having whatever they happen to be serving in the prison dining facility tomorrow.
- Final Words: “Thank you Yahweh” (shouted over and over until he lost consciousness)
On the morning of March 29, 2001, Frank Garcia got into an argument with his 21-year old wife Jessica. San Antonio Police Officer Hector Garza (49 years old, and a father of 5) responded to the disturbance call.
And that’s when Frank Garcia shot Officer Garza four times, killing him. Garcia then shot his own wife three times, killing her, too.
He then fired several shots at others outside the home, wounding one person, and damaging a nearby elementary school. Garcia then surrendered to police and later gave a formal, written statement in which he admitted intentionally killing both officer Garza and Jessica.
Garcia, a documented gang member, used a MAC-10 semi-automatic weapon and an Egyptian-made AK-47 assault rifle to shoot Officer Garza and Jessica Garcia.
The autopsy of Officer Garza revealed (1) he died as a result of four gun shot wounds, each of which would have been fatal alone, (2) the four shots struck Garza, respectively, in the head, two in the back of the neck, and one in the abdomen, which penetrated the lungs and aorta, (3) the shot through Garza’s chest was likely the first to strike him, (4) the shots to Garza’s chest and head came from a non-high-velocity weapon, and (5) the two shots which struck Garza in the neck came from a high velocity weapon, exited through the skull, and caused massive damage to the brain and cranial vault.
Make sure and read the full post from the link in the quote above — and the comments, too. It sure sounds like Frank Garcia’s mother (and likely his father too) were complicit in the deaths of Officer Garza and Jessica.
Seems like a pretty damned cut-and-clear guilty case of capital murder. Cases like this should not take 10 years to carry out the death sentence. Moments after the death sentence was handed down, he should have been taken straight to the death chamber and administered a lethal dose of drugs. Cases like this are why the death penalty is so expensive.
It doesn’t have to be.
Shortly after after 6:00 pm HTT he will no longer be a burden to the citizens of Texas.
Even the sickos over at Prison Talk don’t have much to say…the last message posted on his dedicated thread was more than 22 days ago.
UPDATE — forgot to mention, that next up on the Date With a Gurney (and a lethal dose of sodium pentothal, pancuronium bromide, and potassium chloride) is the slippery and evil Hank Skinner (Nov 9th), who was supposed to be executed on March 24, 2010 for a triple murder he committed in 1993. Hank is pretty much a rock star over at Prison Talk and among the rabid anti-death penalty and death row inmate groupies circuits…(to include one of Hank’s biggest fangirlz, the Texas Tribune’s thug-loving Brandi Grissom….so that one should bring all sorts of lunatics out of the wood work when I put Hank’s new EXECUTION WATCH post up on the front page.
- 2/2/2009 -- Scheduled for Execution in Texas: David Martinez (52)
- 1/21/2009 -- Frank Moore: Scheduled for Execution (13)
- 10/22/2009 -- Reginald Blanton: A Short Stay on Texas Death Row (168)
- 4/1/2009 -- Texas: April Execution Schedule (7)
- 7/1/2011 -- Humberto Leal: Mexican-born Murderer Set to Die for Raping and Murdering a San Antonio Teen (166)