|You Bet Your Ass it Is — Is This the Worst Congress EVAH!?||Rick Perry Editorial: Eric Holder Must Go!|
While the not-so-Super Committee admits defeat, where has Obama been during this time that screams for Presidential leadership?
It might come as a surprise to many (/sarcasm), but he was in Hawaii (or Asia?) on vacation. Yes. Another vacation for the most well-rested President in the history of our country.
The president was in Hawaii while the supercommittee hit stall speed. What is new about this? Very little.
Throughout his term, President Obama has avoided leading on the issue of fiscal responsibility. He walked away from his own commission, the one led by former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.) and former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles, when he found its report filled with inconvenient choices.
Now in a week when leadership is needed to push this critical committee to do something big and bring the nation’s fiscal house back into order, the president once again disappears. It causes one to wonder, why?
The general consensus is that neither he nor the people around him feel there is a great upside to doing something that involves making so many difficult decisions to straighten out our nation’s fiscal future.
Never before has one man been so uniquely unqualified and unprepared for the job of Presidency. And we’re all the worse off for it.
- 8/28/2009 -- The Media’s Continued Love Affair with Barack Obama (4)
- 9/23/2009 -- Obama: Out of His Depth (0)
- 7/31/2009 -- If Obama Wasn’t Eligible to Be President, Don’t you Think the Clintons Would Have Known? (3)
- 10/26/2009 -- The Duffer-in-Chief (2)
- 8/12/2012 -- Obama signs bill exempting presidential appointees from Senate confirmation (7)