|Final GOP Debate: Winners and Losers||$5 Gasoline Hits Los Angeles Well Before Summer’s “high” Gas Prices Arrive|
UPDATE — 1 student confirmed dead, 4 more injured. Shooter (a fellow student) is in custody.
But how could that be…schools are gun free zones…?
CHARDON, Ohio — At least four students have been injured in a shooting this morning at Chardon High School. The shooter has not been found.
Geauga County Sheriff’s spokesman John Hiscox confirmed there had been a shooting in the school, but would give no details shortly after 8 this morning.
The shooting happened in the cafeteria, according to a waiting parent, Jessica Bryant, whose freshman daughter, Allison, had seen it and texted her.
A city official said they don’t know where the shooter is, and parents were being told at 8:21 that it might not be safe to remain near the school. Maple Elementary school across the street was being evacuated.
Police are blocking streets near the school as they go through the building in search of the shooter. A teacher saw the shooting and chased the gun-wielder, who escaped.
Kudos to that brave teacher who tried to catch the shooter. But it would have been nice if that teacher was legally carrying his own handgun, and was able to shoot the thug dead.
But, alas, gun-free zones do nothing but afford a target rich environment for would-be-killers without the risk of being shot back.
- 5/16/2008 -- Austin Teacher Arrested for Consensual Sex with Another Adult (7)
- 2/7/2008 -- Bryant R. Purvis — One of the Jena 6 Thugs Arrested Again for Another Assault on Another Student (12)
- 5/14/2012 -- Is There Any Profession That Collectively Rapes More Children Than that of Educator? (9)
- 1/8/2008 -- Shannon Kay Hrozek: Teacher Caught Blowing a 16-year Old Student (14)
- 2/14/2008 -- Emily Kate Janes — Another Teacher Having Sex w/ Her Students (28)