Is that the hope or the change?
But don’t worry…the Democrats will somehow find a way to spin this news to make it sound like we’re in full recovery mode and everything will be just hunky-dory (if only we’d be so kind as to re-elect Obama for four more years).
Via The Hill:
Unemployment could rise back to 9 percent of the U.S. population in Feburary, according to a Gallup survey released Tuesday, painting a grim picture for the Obama administration, which had been temporarily buoyed by promising jobs figures at the end of January.
Gallup’s mid-month reading, which traditionally previews the government report issued at the end of the month, shows a rise of seven-tenths of a percentage from the 8.3 percent unemployment rate at the end of January. That would be the worst unemployment figure since September of last year.
The survey firm said seasonal factors — including job loss by seasonal workers hired over the holidays — could be responsible for the dip.
“Regardless of what the government reports, Gallup’s unemployment and underemployment measures show a sharp deterioration in job market conditions since mid-January,” the firm said in a statement accompanying the release of the data.
Yippee. Just in time for $5/gallon gas this summer.
- 7/8/2011 -- Worried About the Latest Jobs Report? You Should Be (0)
- 7/3/2012 -- Failed President Braces for Dreadful Jobs Report (0)
- 9/2/2011 -- Economy Gains No Jobs in August, Rate Holds at 9.1% (0)
- 9/27/2011 -- Federal Reserve Vice-Chairman: The Economy Is Worse Than You Think (0)
- 1/7/2013 -- Obama’s America: 3 million workers hopelessly unemployed (0)