|Obama Speech Writer’s Keyboard Stuck on Copy (more like stuck on stupid…)||EXECUTION WATCH: Jesse Joe Hernandez (TX)|
Found this posted at Zero Hedge:
Forget PCLN, CRM, NFLX, here’s where the real action is!
RGR is up a whopping 571% from Nov 07 while the S&P 500 is down 3%…
From the Sturm, Ruger news release:
Despite the Company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
I haven’t heard any similar information from the other leading firearm manufacturers, but will look into it after seeing this.
It was reported a few days ago that the Department of Homeland Security made a commitment to purchase 450 million rounds of .40S&W Hollow Point ammunition.
In its latest email newsletter, LuckyGunner had this to say:
The Ammo Frenzy Has Begun!
Sales sure are booming these days… we have seen our volume spike over the past month! We love the business but have to admit that we were not expecting such a surge in demand so quickly. We take the blame for not being adequately prepared.
As you all know, a result of this boom in demand has led us to hire more service team members and warehouse staff. We say all this to let you know that we are working diligently to resolve any issues that have resulted from our spiked business and we are well into the training of new team members to help supplement our increased order volume.
Looking back at the increased purchases of firearms and ammunition in the run-up to the ’08 election and after, it would appear that with this administration and the current economic, social and political climate, there is about to be another run on these products.
In conjunction with what has transpired in the past four years, is it any surprise that there are a plethora of survival blogs and television programs?
My advice is this, if your money is invested in anything, move it to precious metals, such as brass, copper, lead and steel.
· In states in the Northeast, a stock of 25,000 rounds for an individual might be considered excessive – and maybe even someone to “keep an eye on.” Maybe local police ought to know.
· In the West, in a state like Oregon, that’s a fair amount of ammo.
· In other states, Utah comes to mind, it’s a good start.
· And in parts of Texas? “Shoot, Bubba, you’re almost out!”
- 11/12/2012 -- Guns and Ammo Flying off the Shelf After Obama Re-Election (18)
- 10/17/2011 -- Question of the Day: Why Doesn’t the Self-Defense Shotgun Get the Respect it Deserves? (3)
- 1/20/2009 -- Why You Don’t Bring a Bow and Arrow to a Gun Fight (8)
- 12/30/2012 -- Hollywood ‘Blood Dancers’ ~ Hypocrisy On Display (0)
- 6/29/2012 -- SCOTUS Grants Congress Unlimited Power of It’s Citizens on Thursday, Smith & Wesson Stock Goes Through the Roof on Friday (9)