|Don Surber Says Goodbye to Blogging||President “Nobel Peace Prize” Campaigning on His “role” in the Death of Osama Bin Laden|
- Thug: Anthony Bartee (39 at time of offense)
- Date of Execution: May 2, 2012, sometime shortly after 6:00 pm HTT
- Date of Crime: August 15, 1996
- Victim(s): David Cook (37)
- Last Meal: Same shit salad being fed to every other thug on the row that day
- Final Words: TBD
On August 15, 1996, in San Antonio, Anthony Bartee murdered his friend, 37-year-old David Cook, by shooting him twice in the head with a 9-millimeter pistol and stabbing him in the neck. Bartee then stole Cook’s red Harley Davidson motorcycle and fled the scene.
According to testimony at his trial, Bartee, who was out on parole for two counts of Aggravated Rape, had previously solicited two friends to help him murder and rob Cook.
Bartee was originally scheduled to be executed on February 28, 2012, but received a reprieve on February 23, 2012 when District Judge Mary Román withdrew the execution warrant so that additional DNA testing could be conducted on strands of hair found in the hands of the victim, David Cook. Those DNA test have been conducted, and they were not exculpatory, so the execution should still be a go on Wednesday.
Sentenced to 10 years and 33 years for two counts of Aggravated Rape out of Bexar County. Bartee was on parole when he committed the offense of capital murder described here.
Here’s a thought — maybe we keep violent criminals…the rapists and murderers, especially…in prison for their full terms without parole. If Bartee had served his full term for rape, he’d still be in prison today and Cook would still be alive.
- 8/17/2006 -- Richard Hinojosa to be Executed Tonight (2)
- 11/14/2011 -- EXECUTION WATCH: Guadalupe Esparza (217)
- 7/1/2011 -- Humberto Leal: Mexican-born Murderer Set to Die for Raping and Murdering a San Antonio Teen (166)
- 2/2/2009 -- Scheduled for Execution in Texas: David Martinez (52)
- 10/17/2012 -- EXECUTION WATCH: Cop Killer Anthony Cardell Haynes (TX) (148)