Dear Texas voters:
Texas state Rep. Donna Howard (D-HD-48) thinks that you are a bunch of ignorant bigots. Though, she at least doesn’t think we’re as ignorant or as bigoted as the fine folks of Arizona —they manage to stay just a step ahead of us, according to Ms. Howard’s tweet last night:
Howard, who has served in the Texas House since 2006, won her 2010 race by the narrowest of margins, beating Dan Neil by only 4 contested votes.
Thankfully, the folks of HD-48 (my district for 12 years prior to moving out to HD-47 2 years ago) have a fantastic alternative this year in Robert Thomas, who is running to unseat Ms. Howard.
A little disclaimer — Robert’s a really good friend of mine; we’ve known each other since our days playing football together at Booker T. Washington Jr. High School in Conroe, TX and the 4 years we spent at Conroe High School, and I can attest to Robert’s solid Conservative and family-oriented values firsthand. If you live in HD-48, please consider donating to Robert’s campaign and — at the very least — make sure you cast your ballot for him in November’s election.
Unless of course you don’t mind being called an ignorant bigot by your representative.
- 2/7/2011 -- Update on Texas HD-48 Race (0)
- 5/17/2011 -- Intellectual Elitism from the Liberal Ladies of the Texas Legislature (0)
- 1/7/2010 -- Top 10 Political Predictions for 2010 (23)
- 9/25/2008 -- Conservative vs. Liberal — Two Professors Debate at UT Tonight (0)
- 10/31/2006 -- Brees vs. Brees (8)