|Hope and Change: Chicago homicides soar in first quarter of 2012||What A BOOB! Anonymous Hacker Arrested In Harris County|
Blanchard, Michael “Flathead”
1944 ~ 2012
A Celebration of the life of Michael “Flathead” Blanchard will be held on April 14th, 3 pm 8160 Rosemary St, Commerce City. Weary of reading obituaries noting someone’s courageous battle with death, Mike wanted it known that he died as a result of being stubborn, refusing to follow doctors’ orders and raising hell for more than six decades. He enjoyed booze, guns, cars and younger women until the day he died.
Mike was born July 1944 in Colorado to Clyde and Ethel Blanchard. A community activist, he is noted for saving the Dr. Justina Ford house from demolition and defending those who could not defend themselves. He was a Republican delegate, life member of the NRA, founder and President of the Dead Cats MC. He loved music.
Mike was preceded in death by Clyde and Ethel Blanchard, survived by his beloved sons Mike and Chopper, former wife Jane Transue, brother Stephen Blanchard (Susan), Uncle Don and Aunt Cynthia Blanchard(his favorite); Uncle Dill and Aunt Dot, cousins and nephews, Baba Yaga can kiss his butt. So many of his childhood friends that weren’t killed in Vietnam went on to become criminals, prostitutes and/or Democrats. He asks that you stop by and re-tell the stories he can no longer tell. As the Celebration will contain Adult material we respectfully ask that no children under 18 attend.
Your indomitable spirit is refreshing. It reminds me that a beautiful Hibiscus only lives for one day and that we should live each day as though it was our only one, while laughing loudly and often.
*Photo courtesy Daily Mail*(more photos at the link)
- 6/29/2011 -- These Are My People: Just Another Day at the Office for My Younger Brother (7)
- 6/18/2011 -- These Are My People: Good Ol’ Boys Having Fun on a Texas Saturday Morning (13)
- 8/4/2011 -- These Are My People — Happy 11th Birthday to my Nephew Mykael (3)
- 4/19/2012 -- These Are My People — After 21 Years of Active Duty Service in the US Army, My Little Brother Goes On Terminal Leave Today (12)
- 4/11/2012 -- Two Human Interest Stories Too Good To Not Share (6)