Ok..so he didn’t call it bullshit (though it is), but the far Left “journalist” from the Washington Post did call it gimmicky. Of course, our great Pretender in Chief has admitted as much, too. But, as they say, when you’ve lost Dana Milbank…
Actually, the gimmick was apparent even without the president’s acknowledgment. He gave his remarks in a room in the White House complex adorned with campaign-style photos of his factory tours. On stage with him were eight props: four millionaires, each paired with a middle-class assistant. The octet smiled and nodded so much as Obama made his case that it appeared the president was sharing the stage with eight bobbleheads.
And if that’s not enough evidence of gimmickry, after his speech Obama’s reelection campaign unveiled an online tax calculator “to see how your tax rate stacks up against Mitt Romney’s — and then see what the Buffett Rule would do.”
We’ve all always known that The Buffett Rule would do nothing to bring down the deficit — even though that’s exactly what Obama initially said it would do (it’s almost like every single word out of that man’s pie hole is a lie. Almost…) — but, according to the The Fiscal Times, The Buffett Rule would only “target just 400 earners in the nation.”
You could take every single dime that each of those 400 earners makes (a bunch of Liberals got moist just thinking about it), it wouldn’t put a dent in the deficit.
Of course Dana’s complaint isn’t that the Buffett Rule isn’t Teh Awesomesauce (because he thinks it is), but rather that Obama hasn’t done more to redistribute the hard earned wealth from our nation’s makers to the undeserving hands-out takers, who did nothing to earn it (other than vote Democrat).
- 4/29/2011 -- Dana Milbanks: “…we have shed our professional detachment and are aspiring to be like the celebrities and power players we cover.” (0)
- 4/18/2013 -- Barack Obama: The 1-percenter who doesn’t pay his ‘fair share’ (0)
- 4/14/2012 -- Most Secretive President EVAH! Demands Romney Release More Tax Returns (4)
- 8/17/2012 -- IRONY ALERT: Least Transparent Prez in History Demanding More Transparency from His Opponent (4)
- 11/9/2011 -- Throwing My Support Behind Newt Gingrich (28)