|Get Ready to Get Sued, City of Austin: Relatives of man killed by police officer say they want answers||Top 10 Overrated Songs of All Time|
Perhaps the IRS will use some of that money to pay for more shotguns to enforce this unconstitutional pile of excrement — gotta get everybody to pay their fair share of their neighbors’ healthcare, one way or another…
Here’s the key passage from the article over at The Hill:
The Obama administration is quietly diverting roughly $500 million to the IRS to help implement the president’s healthcare law.
The money is only part of the IRS’s total implementation spending, and it is being provided outside the normal appropriations process. The tax agency is responsible for several key provisions of the new law, including the unpopular individual mandate.
Republican lawmakers have tried to cut off funding to implement the healthcare law, at least until after the Supreme Court decides whether to strike it down. That ruling is expected by June, and oral arguments last week indicated the justices might well overturn at least the individual mandate, if not the whole law.
“While President Obama and his Senate allies continue to spend more tax dollars implementing an unpopular and unworkable law that may very well be struck down as unconstitutional in a matter of months, I’ll continue to stand with the American people who want to repeal this law and replace it with something that will actually address the cost of healthcare,” said Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.), who chairs the House Appropriations subcommittee for healthcare and is in a closely contested Senate race this year.
The Obama administration has plowed ahead despite the legal and political challenges.
- 12/12/2012 -- Why is the IRS No Longer Publishing Migration Data in the US? (2)
- 3/19/2012 -- 56% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law (0)
- 6/12/2010 -- According to the Government, You Probably Won’t Be Able to Keep Your Healthcare Plan Under Obamacare (8)
- 3/28/2012 -- Day 2 — A Very, Very Bad Day at SCOTUS for Obamacare and the Individual Mandate (5)
- 11/27/2011 -- Congress raids Obamacare piggy bank for third time in less than a year (1)