It may be even higher, this report from Austin Weekly News is a week old.
According to FBI and Department of Defense data, 5,056 people have been murdered in Chicago since 2001, compared with 1,976 total U.S. deaths in Afghanistan since 2001. Chicago’s murder rate even outpaces total NATO coalition fatalities in Afghanistan since 2001 by a difference of more than 2,500 killed.
But don’t worry about Chicago’s murder rate, they have it all under control. They have a “plan” for “smart policing.” They still severely restrict private gun ownership, even though it is the illegal possession and use of guns which is the problem.
- 1/1/2013 -- Final Murder Tally in Obama’s Hometown of Chicago: 532 (8)
- 10/29/2012 -- 436th Homicide, Chicago Surpasses Last Year’s Total (4)
- 2/19/2013 -- Emily Miller: Obama’s real gun-control aim (0)
- 8/24/2012 -- 19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago (3)
- 11/27/2012 -- The Chicago Way: Two Gang members gunned down during funeral of another gang member (10)