|324,000 Women Dropped Out Of The Labor Force — In Last 2 Months!||You Know What’s a Huge Waste of Money? Mailing Me Your Campaign Materials Begging For a Donation to Your Pathetic Campaign|
Well, that’s pretty much exactly what it was, and Gawker — a liberal site — calls it like they see it:
Is it a politically wise dodge? Maybe. This was obviously a hastily arranged interview—we’re told that ABC News’ Robin Roberts, who is close to Michelle Obama, was only tapped in the last 48 hours by the White House to come down—designed to clean up the mess left by Biden’s pro-gay marriage comments in as advantageous way as possible. And for Obama to declare that he considers North Carolina and other states’ bans on gay marriage to be unconstitutional would probably energize the GOP base.
The real question is what will black churches do now? Remember back in 2008, while blacks were overwhelmingly voting for Obama, they are also the reason that Proposition 8 in California was defeated.
So will Black churches and black people continue to stand by their religious belief that homosexuality and gay marriage are sins, or will they simply abandon their faith to continue to follow The Won?
Time wonders the same thing.
- 5/17/2012 -- Waiting for the Left to Start Calling Black Church Leaders ‘Bigots’ (2)
- 8/1/2012 -- Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage (4)
- 11/20/2008 -- Why Aren’t California Gays Protesting in Compton or Watts? (43)
- 8/4/2012 -- Intolerant Gay Protesters — Winning the Hearts and Minds of…Well…Nobody, Really. (2)
- 5/13/2012 -- Newsweek Outs Obama, The Nation’s First Gay President (3)