That’s the headline by the Obama’ love’n Associated (with terrorists) Press.
Ya know…he’s a pretty damned big disappointment here in the states, too.
In Europe, where more than 200,000 people thronged a Berlin rally in 2008 to hear Barack Obama speak, there’s disappointment that he hasn’t kept his promise to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, and perceptions that he’s shunting blame for the financial crisis across the Atlantic.
In Mogadishu, a former teacher wishes he had sent more economic assistance and fewer armed drones to fix Somalia’s problems. And many in the Middle East wonder what became of Obama’s vow, in a landmark 2009 speech at the University of Cairo, to forge a closer relationship with the Muslim world.
In a world weary of war and economic crises, and concerned about global climate change, the consensus is that Obama has not lived up to the lofty expectations that surrounded his 2008 election and Nobel Peace Prize a year later. Many in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America were also taken aback by his support for gay marriage, a taboo subject among religious conservatives.
- 7/14/2011 -- Uh-oh: In Latest Gallup Poll, Generic Republican Beats Obama by 8 Points (3)
- 8/10/2011 -- DER SPIEGEL: How Obama Disappointed The World. (0)
- 8/3/2011 -- Maybe Obama hasn’t noticed or doesn’t care, but the country is giving up on him (0)
- 4/26/2011 -- High gas prices cut into driving habits — and Obama’s approval rating (0)
- 12/8/2011 -- Voters Flee Democratic Party in Key Swing States (0)