|How Unpopular is Obama in West Virginia?||324,000 Women Dropped Out Of The Labor Force — In Last 2 Months!|
I’m a huge fan of the Thrown Them All Out movement. I don’t care if you’ve only been there one term or 10 terms — time for you to go (with the exception of Lt. Col. Allen West and Marco Rubio).
But it was definitely way past time for Obama’s favorite Republican, Dick “Dick” Lugar, to be fired.
Of course, the 35-year incumbent is not happy about being kicked off the tax payer teat. Via the Wall Street Journal:
When Richard Mourdock, Indiana’s state treasurer, defeated six-term incumbent Dick Lugar in yesterday’s Republican Senate primary, he sent out a graceful email to supporters: “When I began my campaign for U.S. Senate in 2011, I started it in a unique way–asking for a round of applause for Dick Lugar. Senator Dick Lugar has served Indiana with distinction for 35 years of his life, and we are grateful. Let’s start the General Election in the same way we started the Primary–by honoring someone that we all owe a lot to–our Senator.”
Here’s a link to Lugar’s epic 1400-word concession statement.
- 12/3/2010 -- Jim Dement Won’t Target Dick Lugar (which won’t stop the Tea Party from doing so) (0)
- 11/6/2012 -- A Nation Divided (2)
- 1/29/2012 -- Lt. Col. Allen West to Democrat Leaders: Get your Communist Asses Out of America (14)
- 1/29/2012 -- Allen West being redistricted out of existence in effort led by Romney Florida spokesman (0)
- 1/7/2011 -- White Flight: President Obama’s path to a second term may rely on states shaped by the same social forces he embodies. (0)