|Obama Reaches Historic Milestone — 100th Round of Golf||Israel beefs up border security in wake of Islamist victory in Egyptian elections|
Via the very smart folks over at Powerline:
First, it increases uncertainty and decreases confidence at a time when recovery from the Great Recession requires more confidence and less uncertainty.
Second, as basic economics tells us, it discourages job creation by raising the cost of hiring.
Third, uncontrolled spending on health care is the U.S. system’s main problem, and Obamacare makes it worse.
Fourth, Obamacare worsens the federal budget deficit problem.
Fifth, Obamacare discriminates against the young and in favor of the old, by forcing young Americans to buy insurance at artificially high premiums to pay for the care of a sicker, older population.
It looks like we’ll know if the SCOTUS strikes down the individual mandate and/or the entire law within the next few days.
- 7/15/2009 -- Obamacare to Raise Taxes on 8m Americans, Who Still Wouldn’t Have Health Care (0)
- 3/19/2012 -- 56% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law (0)
- 1/13/2011 -- Half Of All States Now Suing To Stop ObamaCare (0)
- 3/18/2010 -- College Kids: How’s That Change Working Out for Your So Far? (1)
- 12/24/2009 -- The New Cost of Healthcare in America (1)