Or, as most would argue rightly , the total lack of logic…
Mayor Bloomberg has decided that the 8 million children living under his care and guidance in NY City need his parental love — in the from of a new nanny-state law — to prevent them from making poor life choices. In this case, Mayor Bloomberg wants to pass a law preventing the sale of soda in any size larger than 16 ounces.
I don’t even drink much soda (except for a splash of 7-up in my whiskey), but I’ll be damned if I’ll sit by and not mock this kind of bullshit nannyism.
But anyway…according to Bloomberg…common people cannot be trusted to make decisions about how much cola to buy (or not buy). And thus the government must step in and make this decision for them.
McDonald’s fired back immediately in a succinct tweet (is there any other kind?):
Bloomberg tried to defend his logic and hypocrisy:
He also claimed he’s not being hypocritical by also supporting National Doughnut Day, which is today.
“It doesn’t sound ridiculous,” Bloomberg said. “One doughnut is not going to hurt you. In moderation most things are OK.
And the government will tell you what those things are and then define moderation for you, too.
According to Liberal Logic:
- If drugs were only legal, then we wouldn’t have people abusing drugs. But Big Gulps are being abused because they are legal, and if we’d only make them illegal, people would quit abusing them.
- Abortions are a choice left up to individuals to make on their own. But most folks are simply too stupid to make their own choices as to drinking Big Gulps. Today I have heard the left defend a right to gendercide but not to a Big Gulp.
- Liberals don’t want a 14 year old kid to make a life-altering, huge mistake (buying a 20 oz soda pop), but encourage and support that same kid getting an abortion without parental knowledge or permission.
Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.
- 5/3/2013 -- Humor: Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant (0)
- 5/2/2011 -- Mayor Bloomberg: Send the illegal immigrants to Detroit (0)
- 10/22/2012 -- Even Far-Left NY City Mayor Bloomberg Thinks Elizabeth Warren Is A Radical Socialist (0)
- 12/26/2010 -- Mayor Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns Civilian Disarmament Pressure Group (1)
- 11/1/2011 -- Bloomberg: ‘Plain and simple,’ Congress caused the mortgage crisis, not the banks (0)