|Americans’ Net Worth Plummeted 40% from 2007 to 2010||White Student Returns $1,000 Scholarship Intended For Black Students|
And House Committee and Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa claims he has at least 31 Democrats lined up to vote to hold the utterly-contemptible Eric Holder in contempt for his refusal to cooperate with inquiries into his botched Fast and Furious operation.
An operation that resulted in the death of US Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry along with the murder of hundreds of Mexican citizens.
Via CBS News:
CBS News has learned the House Oversight Committee will vote next week on whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. It’s the fourth time in 30 years that Congress has launched a contempt action against an executive branch member.
This time, the dispute stems from Holder failing to turn over documents subpoenaed on October 12, 2011 in the Fast and Furious “gunwalking” investigation.
The Justice Department has maintained it has cooperated fully with the congressional investigation, turning over tens of thousands of documents and having Holder testify to Congress on the topic at least eight times.
However, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., says the Justice Department has refused to turn over tens of thousands of pages of documents. Those include materials created after Feb. 4, 2011, when the Justice Department wrote a letter to Congress saying no gunwalking had occurred. The Justice Department later retracted the denial.
But as I’ve written before, I’m not interested in merely finding Holder in contempt (oh, and believe me, I hold him in some serious contempt). While it’s a start…it doesn’t go nearly far enough. Holder isn’t merely guilty of withholding documents and obstructing Congress’ investigation — he’s complicit in murder and treason. And he should be investigated, tried, and imprisoned.
- 5/4/2012 -- Issa sends out draft contempt order against Holder, says ‘Furious’ response ‘cannot stand’ (0)
- 6/20/2012 -- BREAKING: After Issa and Holder Meet, Still No Documents, Contempt Charges Still Looming (0)
- 10/11/2011 -- Rep. Issa Calls Eric Holder a Liar and Incompetent Regarding His Defense of Operation Fast & Furious (4)
- 10/12/2011 -- Rep. Darrell Issa subpoenas Eric Holder on Fast & Furious Scandal (8)
- 10/30/2011 -- It won’t matter; he’ll lie and deny: Eric Holder to testify on Fast & Furious (0)