|Attempting to NOT Delegitimize SCOTUS, John Roberts Has Done Exactly That||Idiot of the Day Award: NC State Rep Becky Carney (D)|
That’s the headline from Jammie Wearing Fools:
Weak June manufacturing numbers released Monday intensified concern about the fragility of the economic recovery and turned election-watchers’ attention toward unemployment numbers due out at the end of this week.
The reports, just four months before voters cast their ballots in the presidential election, come amid a wave of bad news on the global economy, which is seen by both the White House and President Obama’s critics as the most potent threat to his chances of securing a second term in office.
So here’s the upcoming narrative: Blame China and Europe. Anyone and anything but Obama.
The manufacturing report returned the spotlight to the economy, where it will likely remain after the Fourth of July holiday as markets and politicians await Friday’s jobs report, an indicator vital to the narratives of both presidential campaigns.
Domestic growth is almost assuredly being held back by dire developments across the globe — which has terrible implications for Obama’s campaign.
But don’t you are look behind the curtain, lest you find out the mighty Wizard is really a pathetic little man with no real powers at all.
- 11/19/2012 -- Investment Falls Off a Cliff (2)
- 9/27/2011 -- Federal Reserve Vice-Chairman: The Economy Is Worse Than You Think (0)
- 2/21/2012 -- Gallup survey shows ‘sharp deterioration in job market’ in Feburary (8)
- 7/4/2011 -- Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job (0)
- 9/2/2011 -- Economy Gains No Jobs in August, Rate Holds at 9.1% (0)