|Because He Won’t Willingly Withdraw As the GOP Senate Nominee is EXACTLY Why Todd Akin is Unfit to Hold that Office||Greg Abbott — Texas’ Biggest (and Best) Conservative Rock Star|
Just about everything you need to know about what is wrong with unions today, especially the public sector unions who feel it is their right to feed lavishly at the public trough, is encapsulated in this story out of Detroit — the city that Unions and Democrats destroyed.
The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) pays a “horseshoer” $29,245 in salary and roughly $27,000 in benefits. There’s only one problem — Detroit has no horses for the horseshoer to shoe.
Some critics argue that the department has been turned into some sort of a government jobs program. Meanwhile, the local union president says it is “not possible” to eliminate positions, the Michigan Capitol Confidential reports.
The horseshoer’s job description, which was last updated in 1967 (Lyndon B. Johnson was president), is “to shoe horses and to do general blacksmith work… and to preform related work as required,” according to the department’s website.
And that’s unions for you in a nutshell.
- 3/4/2013 -- This is Detroit: We will Come and Squat in Your House if You Are Not Home (7)
- 4/2/2008 -- Another Democrat, Another Prostitute Scandal (2)
- 8/8/2008 -- Kwame Kilpatrick — Detroit Getting the Leadership they Deserve (0)
- 12/1/2011 -- Detroit Middle Schools: 30-second Lessons (on violence) in the Bathroom (6)
- 10/28/2011 -- America’s Cheapest Zip Code: 48208 — This is What Democrat Policies Look Like When Left Unchallenged for Too Long (7)