It was reported that the former Badger Guns (now Brew City Shooters Supply) http://www.brewcityshooterssupply.com/ has, since 2009, been reporting the names of every customer that comes in to use their firing range to the West Milwaukee Police Department.
In this time over 25,000 customer names were reported to West Milwaukee Police Chief Dennis Nasci who ran a background check on each through “his system”.
So far in 2012 it was reported more than 8,800 customer name records have been supplied to West Milwaukee Police by Brew City Shooters Supply to have a criminal background check run on them.
Having spoken with members of WCI who frequent Brew City Shooters Supply, though they were aware they signed a liability release to use the range, they were NOT aware in any way that their use of the range was being reported to West Milwaukee Police Department.
There are too many violations of federal and state law to list that this shooting range and police chief have perpetrated.
Hopefully the good citizens of Wisconsin will avoid this gun store/shooting range and put it out of business, then FOIAs will be filed on the police chief, followed by civil/criminal charges.
- 4/13/2012 -- Hope and Change: Chicago homicides soar in first quarter of 2012 (3)
- 3/6/2013 -- City of Nelson (GA) wants to make gun ownership mandatory (1)
- 7/22/2012 -- Media Gun Reports, A Primer (9)
- 5/30/2010 -- Why the Second Amendment? (7)
- 1/20/2011 -- Wisconsin to Allow Concealed Carry, Illinois to Stand Alone (0)