|Not Everybody is Running or Hunkering Down from Hurricane Sandy||EXECUTION WATCH: Donnie Lee Roberts, Jr.|
Because the strictest gun control regulations in the city have proven, once again, that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
Say…isn’t Obama from Chicago?
Via the Chicago CBS affiliate:
“It’s a disappointing milestone,” Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said on the CBS 2 Morning News. “You can’t manage this and you can’t talk about murder in a positive fashion.”
While murders in Chicago will easily exceed last year’s total, the murder rate has been declining since April 1, when police began to initiate new gang-fighting strategies, McCarthy said. The numbers are high because of a big spike in violence in the first three months of the year, McCarthy said.
One of those gang-fighting components includes denying individual recognizance bonds to gang members. So far, 5,500 I bonds have been denied to keep gang members in jail while police work to investigate crimes.
Over the weekend, six people were killed and 14 wounded.
- 2/19/2013 -- Emily Miller: Obama’s real gun-control aim (0)
- 1/1/2013 -- Final Murder Tally in Obama’s Hometown of Chicago: 532 (8)
- 6/18/2012 -- Obama Visits Chicago, Gun Violence and Murders Drastically Reduced in the Presence of The Won (11)
- 5/31/2012 -- Chicago’s Murder Rate Up 54% From 2011 (1)
- 11/27/2012 -- The Chicago Way: Two Gang members gunned down during funeral of another gang member (10)