|436th Homicide, Chicago Surpasses Last Year’s Total||#Benghazigate: Obama Says “Stand Down” and the Compliant MSM says “How far down, Dear Leader?”|
UPDATE II (Nov 1): He’s dead, Jim. Sorry about the late update (I was in the driveway throwing candy and kids and having a few adult beverages with the neighbors), but if you were following along in the comments last night, you heard the good news that final justice has been served.
UPDATE (Oct 31, @13:35): This topic will be pinned to the top of the front page until he’s either dead or stayed. We’re about 4.5 hrs from Roberts’ expiration date.
- Thug: Donnie Lee Roberts, Jr. (32 at time of offense)
- Date of Execution: October 31, 2012, sometime shortly after 6:00 pm HTT (but well before the kiddos have to go out for trick-or-treating)
- Date of Crime: October 15, 2003
- Victim(s): Vickie Bowen, 44
- Last Meal: Same shit salad being fed to every other thug on the row that day
- Final Words: ”I’m really sorry. I never meant to cause you all so much pain, I hope you can go on with your life. I loved your daughter. I hope to God he lets me see her in heaven so I can apologize to her and see her and tell her.”
Donnie Lee Roberts, Jr. was an alcoholic and cocaine addict. When his girlfriend, 44-year old Vickie Bowen, refused to give him money (again) to buy (more) cocaine, he shot her twice in the head, killing her.
He then robbed her of what little money she did have, but also took her television, a set of Texans/Titans football tickets, jewelry, a Western Union money order, a .22 rifle, a .22 pistol and her son’s truck.
Later on that day, Roberts was arrested while driving Ms. Bowen’s son’s truck. After being the arrest Roberts confessed to murdering Bowen and stated that he shot Bowen because she would not give him the money to buy cocaine. At the same time, Roberts also admitted that 12 years earlier he had killed a man in Louisiana. Roberts went on to state that while burglarizing the man’s house shot him with a shotgun, then burned the house to hide the murder.
Nice guy, eh?
And his defense as to why he shouldn’t be executed? Can’t be based on innocence — he confessed. So instead he’s going for the always popular “I had a tough childhood” argument. Which, if it was a valid defense to killing innocent people, I’d be a serial-murderer, as I assure you, my childhood was not filled with unicorns and rainbows.
The last time a thug was executed on Halloween: 1981 when Johnny Frank Garrett was executed for raping and killing a nun.
After our Halloween treat, the first of three November executions will take place on November 8th, when Mario Swain will be executed for the 2002 robbery and bludgeoning death of 44-year old Lola Nixon.