|On Sept 11, 2012, Obama went to bed knowing that 4 Americans would be slaughtered while he slept.||436th Homicide, Chicago Surpasses Last Year’s Total|
UPDATE - Damn. The photo is not from today:
— The Old Guard (@The_Old_Guard) October 29, 2012
But, rest assured, The Old Guard is out there today, and will be no matter how ugly it gets.
As Frankenstorm is preparing to smash the east Coast today, almost everybody is either evacuating or seeking the safest shelter possible.
Almost everybody definitely does not include members of the US Army’s 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard). This was the scene at the Tomb of the Unknowns in D.C. this morning:
Since April 6, 1948 the The Old Guard has guarded the Tomb 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
And that means today, too. God bless these fine young men. Keep them safe and strong today, that they not waver from their duty.
- 8/28/2011 -- While Residents of D.C. Sought Shelter from Hurricane Irene, the Tomb Sentinels Stand Their Post (5)
- 7/2/2012 -- 75th Anniversary of the 24-Hour Guarding of the Tomb of the Unknowns (3)
- 1/2/2013 -- GOP Kills Pork-Laden Sandy Relief Bill; Rep. Pete King Freaks Out (9)
- 11/20/2012 -- FEMA and disaster socialism (0)
- 5/16/2013 -- King Obama (Once Again) Treats His Marine Corps Detail Like His Personal Servants (22)