|Walmart vs. the Unions||News Anchors Quit (live) After Years of Being Forced to Present “Unbalanced” Political News|
Via Jonah Goldberg:
One of the points of racial slander is to signal that only liberal policies are guaranteed to be non-racist (even when such policies were forged with racist intent, like the Davis-Bacon Act). This is why the Congressional Black Caucus insists on calling itself the “conscience of the Congress.”
That’s why policies like school choice are routinely denounced as racist, even though they’re largely aimed at improving the lives of inner-city blacks trapped in bad schools. Teachers unions don’t like school choice, ergo, it’s racist.
Any serious attempt by the GOP to win black votes won’t involve Republicans copycatting liberal policies. It will require going over the heads of black and white liberal slanderers to offer a sincere alternative to failed liberal policies on schools, poverty, crime, etc. The more effective that effort, the more the GOP will be called racist.
When Romney, whose father marched with Martin Luther King Jr., spoke to the NAACP, Michael Tomasky of the Daily Beast dubbed him a “race-mongering pyromaniac,” primarily for using the term “ObamaCare” — a term Barack Obama used himself.
Just imagine the attacks in store for a more effective Republican.
- 2/20/2011 -- Rep. Robert Hagan (D-OH) calls black Tea Party supporter “Buckwheat” (0)
- 12/31/2008 -- White Liberals Love Black Folks…They Just Don’t Want to Live Near Them (10)
- 9/29/2010 -- The New Urban Sport…’Polar Bear Hunting’ (56)
- 2/15/2011 -- Liberal Group Calls Black Businessman Herman Cain a Monkey (5)
- 1/15/2011 -- Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) tells NAACP to ‘kiss my butt’ (1)