|Marine Corp Officer: We’ve been “betrayed by a clueless, selfish nation”||Islam and the True War on Women|
And just when you think that state Sen. Rodney Ellis (D – Inner-city Houston) couldn’t file any more ridiculous bills, he pre-files SB 78, “relating to the development of a climate adaptation plan by certain entities.”
In summary, Ellis wants the Texans to pay higher taxes to battle “climate change.” Al Gore would be very, very proud.
His bill, if passed (and it won’t), would require a number of state agencies, to include the Texas Forest Service, Office of the Comptroller the Dept of Agriculture, the General Land Office, and the Parks and Wildlife Department (among many others), develop an annual “climate adaption plan” that would address each state department’s strategy for preparing for the “effects of climate change on the social, economic, and ecological systems of this state and to manage the risks associated with a changing climate.”
What a load of horseshit.
The bill also requires each department to find “potential sources of funding to support the entity’s efforts to adapt to climate change.” Which is the meat of this bill. Which boils down to Ellis wanting to spend our tax dollars on requiring feel-good programs to combat a non-existent problem.
This bill, like most of the others written by this clown, should die in committee without ever getting within a mile of a vote.
- 11/15/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: Making it Easier for Anybody…and I Mean ANYBODY…to Vote in Texas Elections (1)
- 11/14/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: SB-80 — Because What State Employees Need Most is More Paid Holidays (4)
- 11/13/2012 -- 83rd Texas Lege: Bill Pre-filing Has Started (0)
- 11/15/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: SB 11 — You Want Welfare Checks and Food Stamps? Quit Doing Drugs (6)
- 5/6/2013 -- Is the Conservative Tax Pledge About To Go Up in Smoke? (0)