|EXECUTION WATCH: Preston Hughes III (TX)||83rd TX Lege: SB 11 — You Want Welfare Checks and Food Stamps? Quit Doing Drugs|
Among the 28 bills pre-filed by state Senator Rodney Ellis (D-Inner-city Houston) are three bills (SB 81. SB 82, SB 83) that, when considered together, are designed to make it much, much easier for folks to vote in Texas elections. Which sounds like a good thing on the face, right? Except that I mean it makes it easier for ANYBODY to vote on election day, to include those who legally shouldn’t be voting.
You know: illegals, felons, dead-people, folks voting 5 or 50 times under other people’s identities, etc. The types of people who almost always vote overwhelmingly for Democrats. Of which Rodney Ellis is one.
Those bills filed by the logical and predictable outcome of a gerrymandered minority majority district are:
- SB 81, “Relating to the registration of voters at a polling place and related procedures.” — You can read the text here, but the gist of it is that Sen. Ellis wants election day (same day) voter registration. With no picture identification required. Just show up on election day, register (using an oh-so-hard to forge or otherwise obtain utility bill).
- SB 82, “Relating to prohibited deceptive or disenfranchising practices regarding an election; providing penalties.”
- SB 83, “Relating to early voting by mail by any qualified voter.”
No picture ID, same-day registration, and the selective threat of “voter intimidation” criminal charges against Conservatives would result in wide-spread voter fraud in favor of Democrats. Which is exactly Rodney Ellis’ goal. Just as it is of all good Democrats. Just ask the election judges in the 59 precincts in Philadelphia where Obama received 100% of the votes, and Gov. Romney received an unbelievable zero votes.
- 11/14/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: SB-80 — Because What State Employees Need Most is More Paid Holidays (4)
- 11/16/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: SB 78 — Let’s Spend Tax Dollars to Fight Global Warming! (2)
- 11/13/2012 -- 83rd Texas Lege: Bill Pre-filing Has Started (0)
- 11/15/2012 -- 83rd TX Lege: SB 11 — You Want Welfare Checks and Food Stamps? Quit Doing Drugs (6)
- 5/23/2007 -- Texas Democrats Fight Bill That Would Reduce Voter Fraud (2)