There are few people in Congress that I give more than a rat’s ass about. For the most part each and every one of ’em — both sides of the aisle — are power-hungry, self-serving, corrupt-to-all-hell narcissists.
Of the very few that I’m thankful are in D.C. fighting on behalf of “we the people” is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). As Bryan Preston over at PJ Tatler puts it, “…he is one of the very few Republicans in Washington awake to what Obama and the Democrats are up to, and one of the fewer still capable of and willing to fight on every inch of ground.”
And letters like this one to the CEOs of Bank of America, TD Bank, Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co., make me love the guy even more:
- 10/4/2010 -- Rahm Emanual Won’t Let a Little Thing Like the Law Stop Him from Running for Mayor of Chicago (10)
- 1/25/2011 -- Obama Wants Rahm Emanuel Back on the Chicago Mayor Ballot (0)
- 12/14/2008 -- Obama, Emanual, and Blagojevich (3)
- 3/8/2010 -- Rahm Emanual Pokes Rep. Massa in the Shower (0)
- 12/26/2010 -- The Chicago Way: Rahm Emanuel to Remain on Ballot for Chicago Mayor (0)