|Using the Texas Tribune’s Latest “Transparency in Government” Data App to Expose a Lack of Transparency at the Texas Tribune||James O’Keefe Strikes Again~Anti-Gun Video Pwnage|
Crazy (and likely drunk) Uncle Joe Biden has revealed that there are up to 19 gun-control measures that King Obama might implement via Executive Order (thus circumventing Congress and the Constitution).
We’ll know more later today when Biden reveals his Gun Control Task Force’s findings and recommendations.
The folks over at National Confidential have listed 4 of those executive orders that they believe Obama is likely to issue:
- New limits on guns imported from overseas
- Making federal agencies improve how they share mental health records
- Instructing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct research on gun violence, which the NRA has lobbied against
- Tougher prosecution of people who lie on background checks while applying for a firearms license
A few quick thoughts on those:
- You can betchur ass on #1 happening. Presidents Bush and Clinton did the same thing. Which will give Obama some cover to do the same.
- #2 would be a good thing, as the real issue has always been about the mental health of the individuals who go on these killing sprees; not the guns they used to do so.
- As for #3…WTF? No — seriously — what the fuck? As in “what the fuck does disease control” have to do with the second amendment, guns, or the right to own them? Gun violence is not a disease. Mental health is a disease, but guns are not.
- And finally, the hilarious #4 — How about we start with tougher prosecution of existing gun laws. You know, like prosecuting David Gregory for breaking the D.C. law for the possession of a high-capacity magazine? Or how about we simply start with tougher prosecution of politicians who lie on their background checks in order to get elected (yeah, looking right at you Mr. Obama)?
Thankfully, Texas Congressman Steve Stockman (R) threatened impeachment today if Obama uses executive action for gun control: And in related news, Kentucky sheriff says he won’t enforce new gun laws he considers unconstitutional