|We’re Now One Step Closer to America’s Coming Civil War||WILLisms: Stuff the #txlege needs to do in 2013|
Worst. President. Ever.
And these are folks who aren’t even included in Obama’s disgusting unemployment numbers.
Via CNN Money:
An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope.
These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.
“The way we’re measuring the long-term unemployed has a lot of holes in it,” said Stephen Bronars, senior economist for Welch Consulting. “A person can be discouraged for a while, but then gets bumped over into this other category.”
The Labor Department started tracking this group in 1994, but it doesn’t get much attention. Recently, it has started growing more rapidly than usual, even as other job measures have shown improvement.
Five years ago, before the recession began, about 2.5 million people said they wanted a job but hadn’t searched for one in at least a year. Now, that number is around 3.25 million.
- 11/4/2011 -- U.S. economy adds only 80,000 jobs in October, the fewest in four months (6)
- 3/13/2012 -- Obama’s unemployment numbers are incongruent with reality (0)
- 7/6/2012 -- 10 reasons why jobs market even worse than weak June employment report (0)
- 9/27/2011 -- Federal Reserve Vice-Chairman: The Economy Is Worse Than You Think (0)
- 5/5/2012 -- The incredible shrinking labor force (0)