In case I haven’t expressed my absolute disdain for public education here in Texas (and nation-wide, really), this story is perfectly illustrative why I feel that way. And just one more reason why I’m adamant about our boy, rather then send him off to be indoctrinated by the soulless and immoral Leftists that run the show in public education.
AUSTIN – You know America is changing when leftists have even infiltrated Texas schools.
According to the website txcscopereview.com, a lesson plan for 6th graders in government schools reads as follows:
Notice socialist/communist nations use symbolism on their flags representing various aspects of their economic system. Imagine a new socialist nation is creating a flag and you have been put in charge of creating a flag. Use symbolism to represent aspects of socialism/communism on your flag. What kind of symbolism/colors would you use?
Texas legislators looked none too kindly on this revelation as they questioned the curriculum’s creators at a recent hearing.
I wouldn’t look on it too kindly, either if my boy brought home this assignment. First of all, I wouldn’t allow him to do it. And second, they’d have to have a team of surgeons to remove my foot from the ass of whichever moonbat tried to make me kid participate in this crap.
- 8/30/2011 -- The Obama Administration’s Lone Star Mistake (0)
- 6/21/2011 -- What Budget Shortfall? Austin ISD Hiring — No, Not Teachers — But Rather a PR Team (7)
- 4/25/2011 -- Texas: Teacher Retirement System execs get $8.2 million bonuses (0)
- 12/18/2008 -- Are you Smarter than the New Education Secretary? (1)
- 4/6/2010 -- Barbara Geerdes is Indoctrinating our Children (12)