Detroit — the logical and inevitable result of decades of Democrat leadership and Liberal values:
“This is Detroit, Michigan — the hungry capital of the world. And we will come and squat in your house if you’re not home.”
This is also the city where nearly half of all homeowners didn’t even bother to pay their property tax last year.
The only sane and decent person in this video appears to be the reporter. But can you imagine her reporting the news in any city other than Detroit?
Delinquency is so pervasive that 77 blocks had only one owner who paid taxes last year, The News found. Many of those who don’t pay question why they should in a city that struggles to light its streets or keep police on them.
“Why pay taxes?” asked Fred Phillips, who owes more than $2,600 on his home on an east-side block where five owners paid 2011 taxes. “Why should I send them taxes when they aren’t supplying services? It is sickening. … Every time I see the tax bill come, I think about the times we called and nobody came.”
Any bet that this clown votes Democrat? Probably several times each election…
Here in Travis County, if I didn’t pay my property taxes, I’d lose my home pretty quickly. But in Detroit, where foreclosures are so rampant, the government can’t keep up with evictions. And, even if they did evict you, most properties are so worthless, the government doesn’t want them either. And they can’t even keep you from squatting in it even if they do bother to evict you.
- 8/21/2012 -- Detroit Union Boss: “It’s not possible to eliminate union jobs.” (2)
- 4/2/2008 -- Another Democrat, Another Prostitute Scandal (2)
- 12/1/2011 -- Detroit Middle Schools: 30-second Lessons (on violence) in the Bathroom (6)
- 5/10/2011 -- Give Me $20 on Pump #2, this Package of Brillo Pads, a Book of Matches…Oh, and One of these Cute Crack Pipes…errrr…I mean Pens (4)
- 10/28/2011 -- America’s Cheapest Zip Code: 48208 — This is What Democrat Policies Look Like When Left Unchallenged for Too Long (7)